Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19th - Fingernails

My thumb nails have been naturally growing in very thick and bumpy/in ridges for many years now. [definitely not my entire life, but pretty much for as long as I can remember at this point] Some of you who know me well will know what I am referring to, and I have been asked about it a lot. It was never of any real concern though, so I've never had it checked out and have never known what it may be. It's always been "I don't know, they just grow that way."

When I started learning about Alopecia, I read that unusual nail formation is often an associated symptom. I've found more information on this tonight. [Mine grow in with pretty severe "pitting" as they describe]

It's very interesting to finally know what this whole funky thumb nail business is about; I would have never made the connection.

http://www.alopeciaareatainfo.com/alopecia-areata-nails.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment