Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympic cyclist [and fellow Alopecian] Joanna Rowsell has won a gold medal!

‘Then cycling came along and I applied the same work ethic. I worked through any worries I had about my hair and I focused solely on that. It made me who I am.’

Here's a good article you should check out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2103715/Cycling-champion-Joanna-Rowsell-Alopecia-spurred-gold-medal-success.html

I was really happy to hear about Joanna Rowsell winning the gold!  WHAT AN INSPRIATIONAL WOMAN, in so many ways.  I love this.

I bet it will help to bring more awareness and understanding to the public about Alopecia, which is great for everyone out there who's got it.

________________________________

In other news, my hair has continued to steadily thin out in front/on the crown of my head.  Still no real patches, so my fingers are crossed it'll start to slow down and grow back!  I'll take new photos to share in my next blog post.

Sometimes I think about what I'll do if I lose big patches again like before....I'd definitely shave my head.  Or shave parts of it and leave other chunks long, depending on what was gone.  And I'd dye the long parts that are left weird colors.  ala Tank Girl.  haha :)  If it happens, I think I would actually have a lot of fun with it.  But for now I am happy it's been doing so well and sticking around, and I really like the sort of flapper-ish haircut I have going on.  Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. My wife pointed out a bald spot just behind and above my left ear in May 2012. I went to my GP and he indicated it is AA. He said he felt the hair would all return by Christmas. Well, I guess not. The spot has widened a bit (maybe it is 2" diameter) and it is itching. I can see some small, fine hair emerging. It's a tough spot for me to check because I need to use a hand mirror to look at it in the big mirror.

    I only have the one spot. My remaining hair is pretty thick and it hides the spot most of the time, so I am just a bit bummed. I loved reading your blog as it is very uplifting. I hope my future is as bright as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a huge bummer to see bald spots coming in but if fine hair is starting to grow already, that is a huge plus! Thank you for the compliments, and for reading my blog. Best of luck to you, and if you ever want to talk more please feel free to email me: pam.peacock@gmail.com Keep your chin up, it's only hair :)

      Delete